From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.7.0-rc2
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:43:03 GMT
+1 (binding)

I did find some minor issues though, please see below.
I would really suggest to start maintaining a RELEASE_NOTES file. I usually have a look at
this in order to see what to expect of the new release.

Chris

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email into
a directory we’ll now call download-dir.
[MINOR] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to verify downloads
can be found here.
	- No trusted Key-chain (might think about going to a key-signing party)
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
[OK] Unzip the archive:
[MINOR] Verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
	- No RELEASE_NOTES
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source
bundle.
[OK] Run RAT externally (without any exclusions) to ensure there are no surprises.
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references:
[MINOR] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure these files
containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
	- Some files listed in LICENSE moved from daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/ibm-tests/
to daffodil-test-ibm1/src/test/resources/test-suite/ibm-contributed/ without being updated
in the LICENSE file
		- dpaspc7131.dfdl.xsd
		- dpaspc7132.dfdl.xsd
		- dpaspc7132_2.dfdl.xsd
[OK] Build the project according to the information in the README.md file.