From Sheng Zha <szha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Distribution guidelines for platforms
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2020 07:13:03 GMT
> Put it this way without that guidance some podlings will come to graduation, and it will
not be granted as they are not complying with ASF policy. Or we have the situation when the
board points out to the Incubator that a podling is not following ASF policy. Or podlings
may leave the Incubator because they didn’t understand the requirements of those policies.
Or a podling would be removed from the Incubator for not following ASF policy.

I think all of these situations can occur with or without the new incubator policy. The fact
that this vote introduces a new policy means that podlings will have to comply with the union
of the ASF policies and this additional incubator policy. This can only be more restrictive
than the original ASF policies.

> Again these guidelines add nothing that a TLP shouldn’t already be doing.
> Yes, we could wait until the ASF come up with a policy (and even help them create it),
that may take years.

If there’s consensus on the guideline among the TLPs and everyone agrees with your assessment,
why would it take ASF years to reach consensus on them?

Best,
Sheng