From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASENOTES?] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.7.0-rc2
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:59:19 GMT
Hi Dave,

they are not a requirement ... it's just that every project I'm on sort of has them and I
think it's a good thing to have them.
I didn't vote -1 or so ... I just added a comment as a minor issue (in my opinion)

Chris

Am 13.07.20, 16:53 schrieb "Dave Fisher" <wave@apache.org>:

    > On Jul 10, 2020, at 12:43 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    >
    > +1 (binding)
    >
    > I did find some minor issues though, please see below.
    > I would really suggest to start maintaining a RELEASE_NOTES file. I usually have
a look at this in order to see what to expect of the new release.

    > Chris
    >

    > [OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email
into a directory we’ll now call download-dir.
    > [MINOR] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to verify
downloads can be found here.
    > 	- No trusted Key-chain (might think about going to a key-signing party)
    > [OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
    > [OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
    > [OK] Unzip the archive:
    > [MINOR] Verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES
files in the extracted source bundle.
    > 	- No RELEASE_NOTES

    When and where did Release Notes become a requirement?

    They may be a good idea, but I want a reference to where this requirement came about and
who made that change.

    Regards,
    Dave

    > [OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted
source bundle.
    > [OK] Run RAT externally (without any exclusions) to ensure there are no surprises.
    > [OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references:
    > [MINOR] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure these
files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
    > 	- Some files listed in LICENSE moved from daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/ibm-tests/
to daffodil-test-ibm1/src/test/resources/test-suite/ibm-contributed/ without being updated
in the LICENSE file