From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Distribution guidelines for platforms
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2020 06:10:48 GMT
Hi,

> Again, in my opinion, the act of interpretation of existing rules in a new context is
making new rules. Thus, all the rules in the guidelines are new rules.

If you see it that way , then every single project (both projects in the incubator and TLPs)
makes new rules when they interpretative ASF policies for themselves. Why should the Incubator
(itself a TLP) be prohibited from doing that?

> I'm not sure whether that would be the only alternative.

So what would you suggest as an alternative?

Thanks,
Justin