From Vinoth Chandar <vin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Hudi (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 15:52:44 GMT
Hi Justin,

Quick clarification on the logos comment

> - logos of other companies on front page
IIUC you want us to remove the logos. Correct?

Thanks
Vinoth

On 2020/05/12 14:46:30, Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks, as always, for the great feedback!
>
> On the PMC, the folks listed fall into at-least one of the following categories
>
>  - Actively (multiple times a week) taking part in the project. All our newly added PMCs
through graduation and majority of original PPMC are currently in this category
>  - Mentors who have helped significantly through the incubation process, teaching us
the Apache way
>  - Members of the original PPMC, who may not be very active now, but chose to stay on.
These were early adopters/champions for the project. Like you mentioned, the rationale is
to allow them the chance to become active again (at-least 1 PMC member cited this specific
reason to stay on, On the flip side, we do have 1 PPMC member, 1 inactive mentor  who chose
to step down and are not part of this list).

> On the issue of the "person who has been recently added", if this is a mentor, we needed
additional mentors, we began a VOTE, but did not follow through, since one of the other mentors
suggested apache processes did not require it. Happy to follow up on private@, if thats deemed
more appropriate.

> On the committers,
>
>  - Of the top 15 contributors [1], 10 of them are already committers. (Not to say this
is the only metric). We have a well-documented criteria [2]
>  - We are and will be glad to offer committership to strong contributors. PPMC sends
out appreciation emails to such contributors showing strong trajectory and we have such a
healthy pipeline working towards committership.

> We will get the logos/download page link fixed.
>
> On the 3rd party branding issues cited, both of them are pre-incubation references to
the project when hosted on Uber's github account. One of them is a Spark summit talk delivered
by 2 current PMC members (incl me) and ondataengineering.net looks like a 3rd party writing
a tech summary on the then Uber OSS project.  Since then, Uber has done due process to transfer
ownership to the ASF (blog here [3]). Since we incubated, we have consistently used Apache
branding in any/all external materials. Please let us know if we are missing something.