From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-java 1.3.0-incubating-RC1
Date Mon, 04 May 2020 23:00:29 GMT
Hi,

> I find no record of Verizon Media or its predecessors (including Yahoo and
> Oath) having assigned copyright to Apache, either with respect to the code
> that existed at the time the project joined the incubator or with respect
> to the authorized contributions made by Lee and others since then.  And to
> be clear, pursuant to the terms of their employment agreements, neither Lee
> nor any of the other Verizon Media employees contributing to the project
> actually own copyright to their contributions.  Verizon Media owns that
> copyright.

If this is the case that as per section 4 in the ICLA my understanding (and I may be mistaken)
is we something more from Verizon Media ie, ether they waive rights or sign a CCLA. I do see
we have a CCLA on file from Verizon Media but I’m not 100% if it was for this project and
employees as I can't find any discussion of it on your mailing list.

From a project point of view this is slightly concerning in other ways, I suggest you read

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#corporate-membership