From Suneel Marthi <smar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Hudi (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 03:41:38 GMT
On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:10 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One thing I think may need some explanation. I notice a person who has
> been recently added (not voted) to the project is part of the proposed PMC.
> As far as I can tell they have had no involvement in the project. I can see
> a couple of other PMC members who has also had no noticeable involvement in
> the project. Now having inactive PMC members is not a big deal, but I
> curious why these people are on the proposed PMC list.

Why having inactive PMC members is not a big deal now?  What's the point of
keeping them if they r inactive and do nothing or have no interest in the
project?  There is an inactive IPMC member on the proposed PMC - who didn't
have time, or bandwidth to help in any way on the project but yet chose to
be part of and expressed his intent to be on the proposed PMC.  Mind you
there was no merit earned here, the fact that one is an IPMC member lets u
be a mentor - and then a free ride to be part of PMC without performing the
mentor's role.

Not trying to challenge your statement here - but just trying to understand
as to how having inactive/disinterested PMC members is not a big deal ?