From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Hudi (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 03:57:42 GMT
Hi,

> Why having inactive PMC members is not a big deal now?  What's the point of
> keeping them if they r inactive and do nothing or have no interest in the
> project?

At some point in the future that may become active again or they may plan to be more active
in the near future. Having a few extra people on the PMC doesn’t hurt a project if they
are inactive.

> There is an inactive IPMC member on the proposed PMC - who didn't
> have time, or bandwidth to help in any way on the project but yet chose to
> be part of and expressed his intent to be on the proposed PMC.

I would suggest the project discusses it with them.

BTW I also agree Mentors shouldn't automatically become part of the new PMC if they did not
help.

Thanks,
Justin