From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Hudi (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 03:10:28 GMT
Hi,

One thing I think may need some explanation. I notice a person who has been recently added
(not voted) to the project is part of the proposed PMC. As far as I can tell they have had
no involvement in the project. I can see a couple of other PMC members who has also had no
noticeable involvement in the project. Now having inactive PMC members is not a big deal,
but I curious why these people are on the proposed PMC list.

Some other very minor things:
- it seems a little odd that you have 90+ contributors but have only invited 5 committers.
Looks like a few have made sizeable contributions as well.
- links on download page need fixing (https://www.apache.org/dist/ has been deprecated)
- logos of other companies on front page
- There exists some 3rd party branding issues e.g [1][2] Were you aware of these?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://databricks.com/session/hudi-near-real-time-spark-pipelines-at-petabyte-scale
2. https://ondataengineering.net/technologies/hudi/