From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 9.0.0 [RC1]
Date Sat, 02 May 2020 07:09:31 GMT
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- DISCLAIMER (WIP) exists and mentions some issues
- LICENSE and NOTICE are OK
- As noted some ASF file do not have ASF headers. Given only 600 files out out 12,000 have
ASF licenses there's still a bit of work here to go.
- No unexpected binary files
- Unable to compile from source

I think someone new to this would find it very hard to compile from source. I followed the
instruction and they have improved, but there still a lot of assumptions and other tools need
to setup it correctly (e.g kconfig-tweak / kconfig-conf and kconfig is in a seperate external
repo and doesn’t seem to compile on OSX). If any of these tools are need to compile they
really should be moved to the ASF if at all possible.

The NXP Restriction for SPIFI code mentioned in NOTICE is a concern. I know Mynewt had the
same situation and got the license changed to drop that restriction.

Thanks,
Justin