From Olabusayo Kilo <ok...@tresys.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.6.0-rc2
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:44:34 GMT
Thank you for your vote, we won't be blocking the release as we think
the issues found are environmental. We tested on a windows environment
with our CI tool and didn't encounter these issues. Regarding the binary
files, they are generated by tests, and weren't cleaned up due to the
test failure from the Out of Memory issues. Ordinarily they'd be deleted
on test completion. We will look into it all the same.

On 4/23/20 3:19 AM, Paul King wrote:
> [...]
>> aren't mentioned in your excludes list; otherwise no unexpected binary
>> files.
>>    I presume you have somewhere documented how the .bin/.dat are generated.
>> - test suite runs but I had some errors[2] Environmental? I was using
>> Windows.
>> - as an experiment, I ran the tutorial from Java and Groovy and seemed to
>> get the same result with both though I wasn't sure what to expect (round
>> tripping dateTimeTest from tdmlTutorial.tdml.xml?)
>>
>> Cheers, Paul.
>>
>> [1] Files with unapproved licenses:
>>

>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_13b.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_13a.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_02.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_13c.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_03.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_13d.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_07.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_04.bin
>>
>> daffodil-test/src/test/resources/org/apache/daffodil/section05/simple_types/blobs/blob_01.bin
>>
>> [2] Numerous tests failed, e.g.:
>> [error] Test
>> org.apache.daffodil.section07.discriminators.TestDiscriminators.test_choiceBranchDiscrim
>> failed: org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Abort: Invariant broken.
>> Runtime.scala - Leaked exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
>> space
>> [error] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>> [error]
>> [error] org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Assert$.abort(Assert.scala:120)
>> [error]
>> org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Assert$.invariantFailed(Assert.scala:166)
>> [error] ...
>> [error]     at
>> org.apache.daffodil.section07.discriminators.TestDiscriminators.test_choiceBranchDiscrim(TestDiscriminators3.scala:52)
>>
>> [error] Test
>> org.apache.daffodil.section07.assertions.TestAssertions.test_assertPatternMatch2
>> failed: org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Abort: Invariant broken. Pool
>> MarkPool leaked 1 instance(s).
>> [error] poolDebugLabel = ElementParserBase2
>> [error] org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Assert$.abort(Assert.scala:120)
>> [error]
>> org.apache.daffodil.exceptions.Assert$.invariantFailed(Assert.scala:166)
>> [error] org.apache.daffodil.util.Pool.finalCheck(Pool.scala:103)
>> [error] ...
>> [error]     at
>> org.apache.daffodil.section07.assertions.TestAssertions.test_assertPatternMatch2(TestAssertions.scala:69)

Virus-free.
>> <#m_-3941925250562357311_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 10:47 PM Olabusayo Kilo <okilo@tresys.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The Apache Daffodil community has voted and approved the proposed
>>> release of Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.6.0-rc2
>>>
>>> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
>>> incubator release.
>>>
>>> Daffodil is an open source implementation of the DFDL specification that
>>> uses DFDL schemas to parse fixed format data into an infoset, which is
>>> most commonly represented as either XML or JSON. This allows the use of
>>> well-established XML or JSON technologies and libraries to consume,
>>> inspect, and manipulate fixed format data in existing solutions.
>>> Daffodil is also capable of the reverse by serializing or "unparsing" an
>>> XML or JSON infoset back to the original data format.
>>>
>>> Vote thread:
>>>
>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r25781e7da23f4d0318ca6fa316c8d4bfb244e441fa4d722be4010be2%40%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E
>>>
>>> Result thread:
>>>
>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rcf5b2c6961179205262fbd03605f3bd09f34d3946808880f0a487fa1%40%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E