From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache BlueMarlin proposal
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2020 05:25:08 GMT
Hi,

I think we had a good discussion about this proposal. I propose to move forward with the formal
vote.

Regards
JB

> Le 15 mars 2020 à 08:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb@nanthrax.net> a écrit :
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> - Good point about the community. We know it’s a point we have to work generally speaking.
> - +1 about the "inexperience with open source" section, I will add some content.
> - Agree to start only with dev mailing list
> - we are kindly asking for gitbox repo (not svn). It’s in the proposal draft: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluemarlin
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluemarlin>
> - the initial committer list is the actual team who created the project. We bet on the
incubation phase to increase this list obviously. I will check with Xun if there is no miss
in the initial committer list.
> - I think we already have three good mentors but we wanted to add additional people to
help building the community. If it’s a issue, we can reduce the list or invite new mentors
on the podling.

> Regards
> JB
>

>> Le 15 mars 2020 à 07:49, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> a écrit
:

>> Hi,
>>
>> They gave a presentation oat AupacheCon EU as part of the podling shark tank and
we’ve already had some discussion about this - obviously more has taken place. It does sound
like an interesting project.

>> Some suggestions/questions:
>> -  I would like to see more in the proposal about the community and what their expectation
are there.
>> - Under “inexperience with open source” it would be good to mention what projects
and if they have any committer or PMC members in other projects.
>> - Under required resources it best to have a single dev list without a user list
to start off. The names of the list are not what are normally asked for is there a reason
for that?
>> - Most projects seem to be using git these days, is there a reason svn is asked for?
>> - The initially committers seems small, are there any other people involved in the
project that might be considered as committers? [1] only show three main committers. How do
these match up with the four initial committers?
>> - One of the proposed mentors is not an ASF member or IPMC member and so would be
unable to be a mentor and two may have a few too many incubating project on their plate to
be effective mentors. Of course only they would be a good judge of that. One mentor is fairly
new to mentoring.  Does the project think it has the right mix of mentors that will be able
to help the project graduate?