From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:24:05 GMT

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Dave Fisher <wave4dave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Certainly this is a concern of all incoming podlings though, isn't it? Isn't the
goal of Incubator to ensure, as much as possible, that the podling DOES develop into a community?
So why the overdue concern, if overdue is correct, about this one?

> It is a general concern of mine and I think that the IPMC should discuss these concerns
more often. How is another thread.

FTR, I agree, which is obvious since I am someone who frequently points out the concern w/
many podlings graduating w/o a clear (IMHO) understanding of the Apache Way. And I know that
the general concern was one reason and rationale for the Petri proposal as well. Also, FTR,
I lately have not been encouraging potential projects to join the ASF, but this one seems
well suited, and is one reason why I agreed to Champion it.

I just wanted to ensure that this particular podling proposal was not being unduly focused
upon, for whatever reason, consciously or unconsciously.

Cheers.