From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:28:32 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:30 AM David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:55 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> > ...I’d suggest that if this is a know issue, that a different name be selected
before entering incubation, as name changes cost Infra time and effort.
> I'd wholeheartedly agree with Justin.
> Changing after entering incubation merely generates needless makework
> for Infra in renaming mailing lists, websites, setting up redirects,..

+1, renaming before incubation makes things much easier.

I think it's fine for the incoming podling to use a
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH ticket for
that name change, to avoid having to do that again later.

-Bertrand

-Bertrand