From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2020 19:49:56 GMT
Answers inline:

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 1:37 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> I am not sure about this project and have concerns:
>
> (1) If you look at https://bitnine.net/agensgraph/ you will note that AgensGraph is a
product name.

> (2) The community is being called AgensGraph Extension and it is very likely that the
VP, Brand will not approve.

Regarding the name: One of the 1st efforts will be a renaming of the project.

> I’m concerned about whether or not this will develop into a community or will remain
essentially a BitNine community.

Certainly this is a concern of all incoming podlings though, isn't it? Isn't the goal of Incubator
to ensure, as much as possible, that the podling DOES develop into a community? So why the
overdue concern, if overdue is correct, about this one?

> I’m also concerned about the experience level of the mentors and we have not heard
from any of them on this thread.

Both Kevin and Von are members. How much more experience would you like? Should I ask for
additional Mentor volunteers? This sometimes happens organically when a VOTE is run, but,
as Champion, I can make a specific request. What qualifications would you accept as reasonable
to alleviate your concern?

> Regards,
> Dave

Stay safe!

Cheers.

>> On Apr 14, 2020, at 5:12 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for all the feedback and comments... I will assume that calling for a VOTE
is OK at this point and will do so.

>>> On Apr 8, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We would like to propose AgensGraph as an Apache incubator project.
>>>
>>> The AgensGraph Extension provides an extension for PostgreSQL to give the users
the ability to leverage graph database on top of the existing relational database with minimal
effort. The basic principle of the project is to create single storage that can handle both
relational and graph model data so that the users can use the standard ANSI SQL along with
openCypher (http://www.opencypher.org), the Graph query language.