From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:34:06 GMT
Hi Jim,

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 15, 2020, at 5:07 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 15, 2020, at 5:28 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch>
wrote:

>>> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:30 AM David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
before entering incubation, as name changes cost Infra time and effort.
>>> I'd wholeheartedly agree with Justin.
>>> Changing after entering incubation merely generates needless makework
>>> for Infra in renaming mailing lists, websites, setting up redirects,..
>>
>> +1, renaming before incubation makes things much easier.
>>
>> I think it's fine for the incoming podling to use a
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH ticket for
>> that name change, to avoid having to do that again later.
>>

> Agreed. Is there anyone against doing both a VOTE and a PODLINGNAMESEARCH in parallel,
with the understanding that even upon a successful VOTE, the Infra will not be done until
the name is changed? This will prevent the (potential) podling from having to go thru the
rigamarole of changing their name if the are NOT accepted.

> Dave, is that OK?

I’m fine with parallelism. Thanks!

Regards,
Dave