From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do Pooling jars have to contain the DISCLAIMER too?
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2020 18:01:13 GMT
Hi Chris,

There should not be a question. If these are official Apache packages from the project published
on Maven Central with org.apache co-ordinates then they must meet all of release policy and
include NOTICE, LICENSE, and, if incubating, DISCLAIMER. They must also be released on the
official dist server and available at downloads.apache.org even if no one would normally get
packages that way. The same should go for NPM and other distribution channels.

https://infra.apache.org/release-distribution.html

Clear?

Regards,
Dave

> On Apr 8, 2020, at 6:05 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> I agree that they should ... especially if you don't build from source or use the pre-compiled
binaries you otherwise wouldn't have any reference to the software undergoing incubation at
the ASF.

> Was sort of just asking if it's a "should" (still a +1 with a notice to fix for next
time), a "must" (-1) or a "I don’t care" (+1 and not even a notice)

> I would clearly like to argue for a "must".
>
> Chris
>

> Am 08.04.20, 14:58 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>:
>
>    Hi,
>
>> currently validating a podlings release and I stumbled over the following fact:
>>
>> *   The src and bin bundles contain a DISCLAIMER
>> *   All of their project-jars in any of the bin bundles and the jars in Apache’s
Nexus don’t have one