From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 11:56:21 GMT

> On Apr 15, 2020, at 5:28 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:30 AM David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:55 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>> ...I’d suggest that if this is a know issue, that a different name be selected
before entering incubation, as name changes cost Infra time and effort.
>> I'd wholeheartedly agree with Justin.
>> Changing after entering incubation merely generates needless makework
>> for Infra in renaming mailing lists, websites, setting up redirects,..
>
> +1, renaming before incubation makes things much easier.
>
> I think it's fine for the incoming podling to use a
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH ticket for
> that name change, to avoid having to do that again later.

Agreed. Is there anyone against doing both a VOTE and a PODLINGNAMESEARCH in parallel, with
the understanding that even upon a successful VOTE, the Infra will not be done until the name
is changed? This will prevent the (potential) podling from having to go thru the rigamarole
of changing their name if the are NOT accepted.

Dave, is that OK?