From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2020 20:27:39 GMT
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> Answers inline:
>
>> On Apr 14, 2020, at 1:37 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I am not sure about this project and have concerns:
>>
>> (1) If you look at https://bitnine.net/agensgraph/ you will note that AgensGraph
is a product name.

>> (2) The community is being called AgensGraph Extension and it is very likely that
the VP, Brand will not approve.

> Regarding the name: One of the 1st efforts will be a renaming of the project.

Thanks I wanted that acknowledged.

>> I’m concerned about whether or not this will develop into a community or will remain
essentially a BitNine community.

> Certainly this is a concern of all incoming podlings though, isn't it? Isn't the goal
of Incubator to ensure, as much as possible, that the podling DOES develop into a community?
So why the overdue concern, if overdue is correct, about this one?

It is a general concern of mine and I think that the IPMC should discuss these concerns more
often. How is another thread.

Regarding “overdue” I was being asked off line and I suggested that person to reply to
the thread.

>> I’m also concerned about the experience level of the mentors and we have not heard
from any of them on this thread.

> Both Kevin and Von are members. How much more experience would you like? Should I ask
for additional Mentor volunteers? This sometimes happens organically when a VOTE is run, but,
as Champion, I can make a specific request. What qualifications would you accept as reasonable
to alleviate your concern?

If someone else volunteers that would help.

Regards,
Dave

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>
> Stay safe!
>
> Cheers.

>>> Thanks for all the feedback and comments... I will assume that calling for a
VOTE is OK at this point and will do so.

users the ability to leverage graph database on top of the existing relational database with
minimal effort. The basic principle of the project is to create single storage that can handle
both relational and graph model data so that the users can use the standard ANSI SQL along
with openCypher (http://www.opencypher.org), the Graph query language.