From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project proposal - Apache AgensGraph
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2020 17:37:34 GMT
Hi Jim,

I am not sure about this project and have concerns:

(1) If you look at https://bitnine.net/agensgraph/ you will note that AgensGraph is a product
name.

(2) The community is being called AgensGraph Extension and it is very likely that the VP,
Brand will not approve.

I’m concerned about whether or not this will develop into a community or will remain essentially
a BitNine community.

I’m also concerned about the experience level of the mentors and we have not heard from
any of them on this thread.

Regards,
Dave

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 5:12 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all the feedback and comments... I will assume that calling for a VOTE is
OK at this point and will do so.

>> On Apr 8, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>
>> We would like to propose AgensGraph as an Apache incubator project.
>>
>> The AgensGraph Extension provides an extension for PostgreSQL to give the users the
ability to leverage graph database on top of the existing relational database with minimal
effort. The basic principle of the project is to create single storage that can handle both
relational and graph model data so that the users can use the standard ANSI SQL along with
openCypher (http://www.opencypher.org), the Graph query language.