From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Do Pooling jars have to contain the DISCLAIMER too?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2020 13:05:43 GMT
Hi Justin,

I agree that they should ... especially if you don't build from source or use the pre-compiled
binaries you otherwise wouldn't have any reference to the software undergoing incubation at
the ASF.

Was sort of just asking if it's a "should" (still a +1 with a notice to fix for next time),
a "must" (-1) or a "I don’t care" (+1 and not even a notice)

I would clearly like to argue for a "must".

Chris

Am 08.04.20, 14:58 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > currently validating a podlings release and I stumbled over the following fact:
    >
    >  *   The src and bin bundles contain a DISCLAIMER
    >  *   All of their project-jars in any of the bin bundles and the jars in Apache’s
Nexus don’t have one

    > Is this considered OK or should they all have a DISCLAIMER?

    IMO The jars should contain LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER.

    Thanks,
    Justin