From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Question about distributing packages
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2020 02:27:28 GMT
Hi,

> Does the ASF offer infra for (incubating) projects to host .deb/.rpm
> packages, so users can use apt-get/yum install?

As far as I know no.

> So, here I am :) The incubating pagespeed can produce these packages
> as artifacts, and also has the means to test them as part of its release
> process, so I'm looking on how to best leverage that.

Only source bundles are official releases, so these would not be official releases and would
need to follow branding and other ASF guidelines if you were to produce them, basically you
can:
a) Treat them as a convenance binary created with an official source release
b) Publish them as a 3rd party

This is the current guidelines on publishing on other platforms. [1] These are draft but as
we’re missing any real policy on making binaries they are probably the best we have, this
had input from a wide group of people (including legal).

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/DistributionGuidelines