From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Fwd: [REQUEST] Apache Project promotion factoids: deadline 25 March
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2020 21:36:40 GMT
HI,

Any podlings have something they could add to this?

Thanks,
Justin

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
> Subject: [REQUEST] Apache Project promotion factoids: deadline 25 March
> Date: 22 March 2020 at 7:24:49 am AEDT
> To: "ASF Marketing & Publicity" <press@apache.org>
>
> Hello Apache PMCs and pPMCs --I hope you are all doing well and staying safe during this
daunting pandemic.

> I have a request: would you be able to please share 3-5 impressive things your project/podling
does or highly-visible  implementations/deployments?

> For example:
>
> 1) Apple Siri completes full ring replication around the world in 10 seconds using Apache
HBase.

> 2) More than 60% of Apache projects use Apache Maven for build management.
>
> 3) Netflix uses Apache Druid to manage its 1.5 trillion-row data warehouse requirements
that include what users see when tapping the Netflix icon or logging in from a browser across
platforms.

> **IMPORTANT: if any of your projects are part of any solution involving the COVID-19
coronavirus, please let me know ASAP

> Deadline: 6AM ET (UTC -4) on Wednesday 25 March. Your submissions could be used in ASF's
anniversary promotions next or our weekly "Did You Know?" promotions.

> Ongoing: we need as many as we can get, so I'll be keeping the survey open year-round
for you to share your highlights with us so we can share with the world :-)