From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2020 05:44:20 GMT
Ah, thanks Justin. Sorry I didn't notice the board action and the
recommendation from trademarks.

I don't think there's much left to discuss. The board and trademarks
have made their policy clear. We (the incubator) should make podlings
aware of the policy.

I think "fork me on GitHub" is less contentious than it was 5 years
ago, so whatever was decided then will suffice for now.

Julian

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 3:38 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I read the board@ thread and, unless I missed it, there was no edict from the board
to not say “fork me on GitHub”.

> Did you note the board action and discussion in the board reports? Sally made some alternative
mock up to use (2015-01-21) I’m not sure what happened to those. There was suggestion of
a blog item on it, but I couldn’t find it.