From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.1
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2020 11:41:37 GMT
Carry my vote +1 to IPMC.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:07 PM zhaojun <zhaojunv3@126.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) version 4.0.1.
>
> The Apache ShardingSphere community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
> Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) version 4.0.1.
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> ShardingSphere is an open-source ecosystem consisted of a set of distributed database
middleware solutions, including 2 independent products, Sharding-JDBC & Sharding-Proxy.
> They both provide functions of data sharding, distributed transaction and database orchestration,
applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism, heterogeneous language.
> Aiming at reasonably making full use of the computation and storage capacity of the database
in a distributed system, ShardingSphere defines itself as a middleware, rather than a totally
new type of database.
> As the cornerstone of many enterprises, relational database still takes a huge market
share.
> Therefore, at the current stage, we prefer to focus on its increment instead of a total
overturn.

> Sharding-JDBC defines itself as a lightweight Java framework that provides extra service
at Java JDBC layer.
> With the client end connecting directly to the database, it provides service in the form
of jar and requires no extra deployment and dependence.
> It can be considered as an enhanced JDBC driver, which is fully compatible with JDBC
and all kinds of ORM frameworks.

> * Applicable in any ORM framework based on Java, such as JPA, Hibernate, Mybatis, Spring
JDBC Template or direct use of JDBC.
> * Based on any third-party database connection pool, such as DBCP, C3P0, BoneCP, Druid,
HikariCP.
> * Support any kind of database that conforms to JDBC standard: MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer
and PostgreSQL for now.

> Sharding-Proxy defines itself as a transparent database proxy, providing a database server
that encapsulates database binary protocol to support heterogeneous languages.
> Friendlier to DBA, the MySQL/PostgreSQL version provided now can use any kind of terminal
(such as MySQL Command Client, MySQL Workbench, Navicat etc.) that is compatible of MySQL/PostgreSQL
protocol to operate data.