From Julian Hyde <jhyde.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:54:39 GMT
I read the board@ thread and, unless I missed it, there was no edict from the board to not
say “fork me on GitHub”.

Therefore it’s down to projects’ discretion how they promote themselves. (Consistent with
branding policy etc.)

Unless and until the board speaks  I don’t think we need to tell projects (or polling) what
to do.

Julian

> On Mar 28, 2020, at 10:45 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was wondering what the best place for this discussion would be. I couldn’t really
think of a better place than incubator.

> I considered starting the discussion on board@ or members@, but I didn’t want another
private discussion. Not sure about infra and I don’t know how many folks follow that list.
It doesn’t seem like an infra question.

> Maybe a branding discussion? Maybe comdev?
>
> I figured incubator is as good a place as any, and the discussion was triggered from
here. Dunno.

> If anyone has a strong preference to move it somewhere else, that’s fine with me.
>
> Thanks,
> Harbs
>
>> On Mar 28, 2020, at 3:56 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I also wonder if opinions might have changed in the 5 years since that discussion.
In that time, GitHub has only become more ubiquitous and more adopted by many Apache projects.

>> Probably more a discussion for the board or Infra (as they own ASF distribution policy)
than the incubator if you want to get policy changed or clarified.