From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2020 07:28:17 GMT
This is not the first time “Fork Me” came up, but I don’t think there’s been a clear
consensus on the topic.

I think it’s an important topic, so I’m starting a new discussion.

It seems to me that the concern with using “Fork Me” is that it’s somehow promoting
unofficial releases. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

To me, “Fork Me” is not suggesting that users should use unofficial releases, but rather
“please fork the source code on GitHub, so you can easily contribute”.

I think that’s a very different message.

My personal opinion is that “Fork Me” should be allowed anywhere on a project site because
it can help build add contributions which builds the community.

Thoughts?
Harbs