From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hudi (incubating) 0.5.2 RC1
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2020 01:21:52 GMT
Hi,

> However, on the second point. We did examine the notices for the projects
> we list in LICENSE. And did not find things listed there specifically apply
> to the code we reused.

If the project was not solely developed at the ASF there's is usually a statement about relocated
copyrights with words to the effect of this:

"Portions of this software were developed at the National Center
for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.”

It might be hard if know if that applies to what you copied or not so may bee best to include
it.

The copyright line may also be different as would the project name - this is usually in the
first two lines.

> We are happy to replicate the full NOTICE from these projects we reused
> code from, if that's admissable and safe.

You can do that but it makes it harder for anyone who wants to bundle your software in their
own project.

Thanks,
Justin