From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2020 22:35:37 GMT
One more thing --to confirm, the links to the organizations on your page are going to be rel="nofollow",
yes?

That's important.

Many thanks,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, at 16:32, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Hello Liang --thank you for your message. My apologies for the delayed response.
>
> To me what is proposed seems acceptable, similar to what is being done with other Apache
projects [1] [2] [3] and many others.

community --we've created one for you at http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

> I'm also copying Mark Thomas, VP Brand Management/Trademarks, for his input.
>
> Many kind regards,
> Sally
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP2/PoweredBy
> [2] https://spark.apache.org/powered-by.html
> [3] https://kafka.apache.org/powered-by
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> Vice President Sponsor Relations
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020, at 01:15, zhangliang@apache.org wrote:
>> Hi Sally,
>>
>> We are talking about graduation Apache ShardingSphere(incubator) project.
>>
>> There is a problem with users page[1]. This page lists all companies and organizations
who using Apache ShardingSphere(incubator).

>> The source of user list are coming from Github issue[2] which registered by users
themselves, the logos in user wall picture are collected from their official website.

>> We read this[3], it may cross over to sponsorship or may cause branding issue.
>>
>> Can the project keep this page? Could you give some advice? Thank you very much.
>>
>> [1] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/users/
>>
>> [2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/234
>>
>> [3] https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking
>>
>> ------------------
>>
>> Liang Zhang (John)
>> Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo
>>

>> Dave Fisher <wave4dave@comcast.net> 于2020年3月19日周四 上午10:22写道:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> I do think that the “user” page should be discussed with either Sally at
press@ or Mark at trademarks@. They will know best how to create a compliant version of what
you are trying to do.

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

pay a lot of money to be listed as such. It may be best to speak to branding about this and
see what they say.