From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:03:00 GMT
Hi,

If you can, I suggest people read this board@ thread [1]. It a pity that conversation didn’t
happen in more public space. Also note the board action item that resulted from this and that
the “Fork me on Github” ribbon is no longer on the front page of the project in question.

Also consider the language choice of “Fork me on GitHub” may cause some confusion to new
user re the ownership of a project and make it unclear if this is an ASF project or a GitHub
one when displayed prominently on the front page.

Thanks,
Justin

1.https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1d5f9aaf7919608d80d1cf288092ba406c763f1ada850c5130412b4b%401417896365%40%3Cboard.apache.org%3E