From "Sally Khudairi" ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:32:22 GMT
Hello Liang --thank you for your message. My apologies for the delayed response.

To me what is proposed seems acceptable, similar to what is being done with other Apache projects
[1] [2] [3] and many others.

You may also wish to consider promoting use of the "Powered by Apache" badge for your community
--we've created one for you at http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/

I'm also copying Mark Thomas, VP Brand Management/Trademarks, for his input.

Many kind regards,
Sally

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP2/PoweredBy
[2] https://spark.apache.org/powered-by.html
[3] https://kafka.apache.org/powered-by

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020, at 01:15, zhangliang@apache.org wrote:
> Hi Sally,
>
> We are talking about graduation Apache ShardingSphere(incubator) project.
>
> There is a problem with users page[1]. This page lists all companies and organizations
who using Apache ShardingSphere(incubator).

> The source of user list are coming from Github issue[2] which registered by users themselves,
the logos in user wall picture are collected from their official website.

> We read this[3], it may cross over to sponsorship or may cause branding issue.
>
> Can the project keep this page? Could you give some advice? Thank you very much.
>
> [1] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/users/
>
> [2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/234
>
> [3] https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking
>
> ------------------
>
> Liang Zhang (John)
> Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo
>

> Dave Fisher <wave4dave@comcast.net> 于2020年3月19日周四 上午10:22写道:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I do think that the “user” page should be discussed with either Sally at press@
or Mark at trademarks@. They will know best how to create a compliant version of what you
are trying to do.

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Mar 18, 2020, at 6:29 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I would carefully read this [1]. It may cross over to sponsorship. Sponsors
pay a lot of money to be listed as such. It may be best to speak to branding about this and
see what they say.