From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:45:32 GMT
I was wondering what the best place for this discussion would be. I couldn’t really think
of a better place than incubator.

I considered starting the discussion on board@ or members@, but I didn’t want another private
discussion. Not sure about infra and I don’t know how many folks follow that list. It doesn’t
seem like an infra question.

Maybe a branding discussion? Maybe comdev?

I figured incubator is as good a place as any, and the discussion was triggered from here.
Dunno.

If anyone has a strong preference to move it somewhere else, that’s fine with me.

Thanks,
Harbs

> On Mar 28, 2020, at 3:56 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I also wonder if opinions might have changed in the 5 years since that discussion.
In that time, GitHub has only become more ubiquitous and more adopted by many Apache projects.

> Probably more a discussion for the board or Infra (as they own ASF distribution policy)
than the incubator if you want to get policy changed or clarified.