From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podling announcement messages
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:30:08 GMT
Hi,

>> The biggest issue that I see is that prior to making a download page work, the links
behind the page need to be active, and those links are only active after the vote passes,
and the artifacts, checksums, and signatures are uploaded.

>> So maybe it's too big an ask for the download page(s) to be created earlier for review.

I’ve seen some project do this, there is a chance is however that that page accidentally
gets published before the VOTE is over or worse it gets published and the VOTE doesn’t pass.
(Both of these have happened). So I generally don’t recommend this. The download page is
easy to edit if there are any issues so perhaps we shovel focus more on doing some automated
checks on download pages?

Thanks,
Justin