From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.1.0 (-rc.2)
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2020 21:16:19 GMT
Hi,

> Do you have a link that explains more about where to put what for LICENSE and NOTICE?

Yep [1].

> From what I'd understood LICENSE was to remain the pure Apache License 2.0 text and NOTICE
should contain any reference to any other copywritten material contained within the repo--though
it seems we missed bringing in the complete license text either place. Happy to correct this
once I understand which thing is needed.

You need to add all licences to LICENSE. The only copyright notices that go in NOTICE are
those that have been removed from headers or those that appear in other NOTICE files.

> Also when you say "incubating in name" what is the context (and is that a positive or
negative comment)?

That’s a requirement. [2] You might want to make a check list like this one [3] to check
future releases.

> Also, what binary files did you find in the release?

None - that’s good.

You might also want to use the work in progress DISCLAIMER [4]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
2. https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases