From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: "Fork Me" on GitHub (was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) as a TLP)
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:42:11 GMT
Hi,

In this particular case it could be seen as a) advertising a commercial entity on an ASF’s
project front page (using their marketing slogan) b) encouraging users (who may not understand
the consequences) to use unreleased code rather than using the officially released downloads.

I think it fine, and I don’t think anyone would have an issues with, links to GitHub in
other places or when context is given, on a projects "how to contribute" or "developer page"
would be best place.

Thanks,
Justin