From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [IP CLEARANCE] Maven Wrapper
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2020 21:59:32 GMT
On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 9:27 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I agree with what John wrote, part of the code is EPL which is not compatible with the
ALv2, you need the owner permission to change the license on that..

> My understanding of "Let me try to get in contact with Walmart Labs to get an SGA for
the Takari Maven Wrapper.” was that the next step would be an SGA.

I agree with Justin.

The lack of an SGA makes this ineligible for the normal lazy consensus route.
The fact that 1 of the chunks of code you're looking at is licensed
under the EPL is a further blocker. You can't relicense it without
explicit permission from the owner, preferably memorialized as a SGA.

While I don't think that the IP Clearance process is perfectly rigid,
it is a process and this one is missing some significant parts of that
process.

--David