From Randall Leeds <rand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.1)
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:28:19 GMT
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020, 10:33 Randall Leeds <randall@apache.org> wrote:

> Please verify that the build is from commit
> b3d671796422e5583f4ee3cd8ad7bbaa90bc3ffc, tagged as v0.1.0-rc.1, by
> checking out the source tree and running `make dist`, verifying that it
> produces an identical tarball with the same checksums as the uploaded
> artifacts.

This recommendation was slightly incorrect. It is news to me that "git
archive" may generate different tarball metadata on different systems. As a
result, the checksums may not match, but the contents of the tarball should
be identical to source tree. Please use "diff -r" against a clean source
and an unpacked artifact.