From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] NLPCraft Proposal
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2020 22:15:43 GMT
Inline.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 5:07 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Looks like the discussion is winding down a bit. So, to sum it up:
>
> - CC shall be removed during code transfer to ASF
> - an SGA will be expected from DataLingvo
> - as the original NLPCraft developers from DataLingvo are all a part of
>  NLPCraft project there is no need for explicit copyright transfer
>  permission from them (or at least this is how I understand the
>  situation)
>
> Anything else I haven't covered (sorry, the thread was a bit of asynchronous and I might
have missed some points).

Pretty much.

I’m curious is the address on Howard St in San Francisco a shared office location?

Regards,
Dave

> Thanks,
>  Cos
>
>> On 2/5/20 6:44 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>> NLPCraft came originally from DataLingvo.
>> OK so that clarifies that there is code developed by DataLingvo in this code base.
>>> During migration, some DataLingvo artefacts weren't properly
>>> renamed (it should be fixed by now).
>> I would question why they were “renamed”, while you’re not an ASF project yet
please see [1] for future expectations. ASF policy is generally to not remove 3rd party headers.
>>> Just to be clear - NLPCraft has no
>>> affiliation with DataLingvo of any kind (beyond the original roots) nor it
>>> is a legal entity; it's just a project name.
>> You mentioned all the original developers from DataLingvo worked on NLPCraft. Is
this still the case? Are any of them initial committers? Will all people who worked on the
original DataLingvo code base be signing ICLAs?