From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Maven Wrapper
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2020 21:27:18 GMT
On 6-1-2020 22:14:39, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can you add the information the IP clearance form please, currently it is incomplete.

Distribution rights:
https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper/blob/master/LICENSE.txt [https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper/blob/master/LICENSE.txt]

https://github.com/takari/takari-maven-plugin/blob/master/LICENSE.txt [https://github.com/takari/takari-maven-plugin/blob/master/LICENSE.txt]

While the ASF license allows this, we generally want explicit permission from the owners.
Robert Scholte:
Who are the owners here? We have explicit clearance from all active contributors. IIUC they
should at least provide explicit permission.
And IIUC takari is only the organisation hosting these repositories, that doesn't make them
the owners.

The repositories of takari.io [http://takari.io] are owned by Walmart Labs. We had good conversation
with them and they were willing to donate.
However, they had trouble with the text of the clearance document. Legal@ASF was involved
to help, but still without result.

That is a concern. Has legal@approved that the code could be transferred to the ASF without
that document?
Robert Scholte:
No they haven't, I'll add them to the thread.

Thanks,
Justin