From John McCane-Whitney <j...@qredo.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:39:27 GMT
Hi Justin,

Many thanks for testing our release out and for your feedback.

Comments inline below.

Would the fixes proposed below for a subsequent release be sufficient for you to change your
vote or should we implement them now and revote?

Regards.

John

Most of the author tags are leftover from the initial software grant from CertiVox and have
no IP consequences.  However, we'll remove ALL author tags in the next release.

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and disclaimer exist
> - LICENSE is incorrect as it contains "Copyright 2019 The Apache Software
> Foundation” in the appendix.

We'll fix in the next release.

> - NOTICE has incorrect year

Also to be fixed in the next release.

> - A couple of files are missing ASF headers [1][2][3][4] (assuming they are files
> created at the ASF)

Also to be fixed in the next release.

> - can compile from source
>
> The code contains a large number of author tags, author tags are usually
> frowned on at the ASF. Some are from current committers and others are
> not. What this in the original code when donated or have they been added
> later? Is any of this code 3rd party code with an incorrect ASF header?
>
> I also had one test fail test_python_mpin_install_BLS381

Please can you provide details of your environment - particularly the OS/version and also
what version of Python you're running?  We thought this might be due to Python 2.7 (the README
incorrectly states that 2.7 is supported - also to be resolved in the next release), however
I can't replicate the issue using Python 2.7 on Ubuntu 18, so it may be some other issue.