From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.7.0 (incubating) based on RC4
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2020 01:58:59 GMT
Hi

> About the missing license for the font, we've already investigated a bit on
> this, below is the conclusion. In this release I would like to leave as it
> is.

As these fronts are binary files and don’t have an license header it could confuse people
who use your software to what their license is. I would suggest mentioning the license in
LICENSE.

> Based on https://www.glyphicons.com/license/ we do not need to directly
>> mention the licensing for those fonts.

IMO ASF policy says otherwise. Also the terms of that license are probably not compatible
with the Apache license. Notice for instance "You cannot use icons in any product intended
for further processing or where your customer is not a final owner.” Also that is actually
not the license they are under as Glyphicons use to have a other options and you’re using
an older version. I suggest you read this [1] and this [2].

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/3942
2. https://glyphicons.com/old/license.html#old-halflings-bootstrap