From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to subscribe (was: Incubator PMC members not subscribed to private list)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:49:14 GMT
Hi,

> This should be documented clearly under expectations from IPMC members.

It is an expectation that all PMC members sign up to their private mailing list, that applies
to all projects not just the Incubator.

When you joined the IPMC you should of received a welcome message [1] which included how to
sign up to the private list. I know that some people in the past on the IPMC may of not got
this message, all recent people have..

> If there is a period of inactivity after which IPMC members will be removed,
> then people should know this up front.

There’s is not. People who are inactivate can be active again and we do get votes on releases
from people who are mostly inactive in other ways.

There is an expectation that mentor will remain active and if not step down so replacements
can be found as needed.

Thanks,.
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/chair.html#adding_new_incubator_pmc_members