From Casey <cv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] YuniKorn Proposal
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2020 18:11:27 GMT
Hi Craig,

In answer to your question:

*If Apache does incubate and graduate Yunikorn as a top level project, we
would require Cloudera to commit to recognize Yunikorn as an Apache project
in all of its materials. Otherwise, there would be confusion in the market
about whether Yunikorn was an Apache project or a Cloudera project. It
cannot be both.If Cloudera can commit to not using Yunikorn to describe its
own project once it graduates and becomes an Apache project, ok.If not, the
Apache project will need to find a new name.*
------
Cloudera can commit to using Apache YuniKorn if/when the YuniKorn project
graduates.

Thank you,
Casey
*Cassandra L. Valk* | Open Source License Analyst / Sr. Contracts Manager
t. (949) 201-3201

NOTICE: Prepared by a member of the Cloudera legal team. This message and any
attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information of Cloudera,
Inc. and/or its affiliates. If you have received this communication in
error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete this
message and any attachments without copying, reviewing, or disclosing the
contents. Thank you for your cooperation.