From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC members not subscribed to private list
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2020 02:56:42 GMT
Hi -

I concur with Greg. There are two types of IPMC members who are not subscribed to private@.
Those who are Apache Members who can always ask to rejoin and others who were voted onto the
IPMC would need to be added again - let’s limit mistakes with the second group. [1]

I would suggest that the list presented to the board be all who are not subscribed minus any
who have signed off on a podling report since January 1, 2019. Those in that category should
be reached out to directly - I noticed at least one. I also noticed at least two in the second
group who did very little to nothing when they were mentors.

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/incubator

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 21, 2020, at 6:34 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> IMO, involuntary mailing list subscription is not the right choice. …
>
> Thanks for your opinion, I’ll consider what to do some more.
>
>> Putting them onto a mailing list could anger them (think about it: would you be
>> happy, if I subscribed you to (say) private@tomee.apache.org?).
>
> If I was required to be subscribed to that list I would have no issue with it, probably
even thankful that you had sorted something I’d forgotten about, but sure others may react
differently.