From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2020 02:04:11 GMT
Hi,

Currently I’m -1 on this release due to the author tags, which may imply it contains 3rd
party code, whose licenses not listed in LICENSE. There's probably an explanation for why
they are there and if given I’ll change my vote.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and disclaimer exist
- LICENSE is incorrect as it contains "Copyright 2019 The Apache Software Foundation” in
the appendix.
- NOTICE has incorrect year
- A couple of files are missing ASF headers [1][2][3][4] (assuming they are files created
at the ASF)
- can compile from source

The code contains a large number of author tags, author tags are usually frowned on at the
ASF. Some are from current committers and others are not. What this in the original code when
donated or have they been added later? Is any of this code 3rd party code with an incorrect
ASF header?

I also had one test fail test_python_mpin_install_BLS381

Thanks,
Justin

1.  incubator-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1/cmake/determine_word_size/check_16.c
2.  incubator-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1/cmake/determine_word_size/check_32.c
3.  incubator-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1/cmake/determine_word_size/check_64.c\
4.  incubator-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1/scripts/buildMulti.sh