From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to subscribe (was: Incubator PMC members not subscribed to private list)
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 03:09:53 GMT
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 16, 2020, at 6:56 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Only the Board can remove members from a PMC, and "lack of activity" not
>> one they typically support.
>
> +1 We are not considering removing inactive IPMC members, they can ask be be removed
if that want to be, but until then we’re happy to have them.

> In the case of people asking to be removed from the IPMC, they are removed from the roster,
this is reported in the next Incubator board report and if there no objections from the board
they would then be considered non longer IPMC members. So a roster may not 100% accurately
reflect who is actually a IPMC member at a point in time.

> What we would be doing is removing people from the roster who have not signed up to the
private list and they can be added back to the roster by performing one simple action. We
would not be asking the board to remove them from the IPMC.

I think that without an explicit resignation they must remain IPMC members. The only exception
would be those who have gone emeritus or have passed on. The driver is membership.

An IPMC Member who is not a Member and is no longer subscribed should be consider individually
on private@i.a.o.

The Board evaluates PMCs via roll calls on private@. I’m not aware of cases of PMCs throwing
people off w/o a resignation and as you Justin should be aware the Board goes to the extreme
to prevent it. (The current Board may differ from prior Boards, but let’s not test it!)

> Alternatively do any of the board members here think that not signing up to the private
mailing list is grounds for removal from a PMC? Where they actually on it in the first place?

I’m for contacting and asking, but not for forcing.

Thanks Greg.

Regards,
Dave