From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:17:47 GMT
On 13/01/2020 12:25, John McCane-Whitney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a call to vote on the release  of the Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto C Library
v2.0.1

> The Apache Milagro (incubating) community has voted to approve this release with 5 x
+1 votes.  The vote result thread can be found here:

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r37dd9eca0a5b8dc4035713826a84b2ba807cfd67c2d07fafe8a64f34%40%3Cdev.milagro.apache.org%3E
>
> Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto-C V2.0.1 Release Tag:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c/releases/tag/2.0.1
>
> OVERVIEW:
>
> Apache Milagro Crypto C 2.0.1-incubating is the second Apache Software foundation release
of this library.

> There are two main additions to the library and they both impact the API hence the jump
from v1.0.0 to v2.0.1:

> Shamir's Secret Sharing (SSS) has been added to the library. There is also functionality
combining the existing BLS solution with SSS to enable signature aggregation without revealing
the secret key share. This change is required by the Milagro DTA (https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-dta)
and will allow subsequent releases of the DTA to be built from an official Apache release
of the crypto-c library.

> The Paillier additively homomorphic cryptosystem has also been added to the library which
will be required by subsequent releases of the DTA to enable Multi-Party Computation of cryptocurrency
wallet addresses and subsequently to create transaction signatures for these wallets.

> The library now also supports Python 3 and formulas in the documentation are now rendered
using MathJax.

> Please see the README (https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c) for build/test
instructions, a list of contributors and guidelines on how to contribute yourself.  The README
also includes instructions on how to build the documentation, and the online version of the
documentation (http://milagro.apache.org/docs/amcl-c-api/) will be updated once the release
is complete (as will the download page on the same site).

> RELEASE:
>
> The repo has the required DISCLAIMER, NOTICE and LICENSE file in its root directory.
 All source files have the appropriate license header.  No binaries are included in this release.

> I have successfully built and ran the tests as per the instructions in the README on
Ubuntu, Fedora, MacOS and Windows

> The compressed archives from this release along with a SHA512 checksum, PGP signature
and PGP key file are being staged here:

> Source code archive: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating-src.tar.gz
> SHA512 checksum: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.sha512
> PGP Signature: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating/apache-milagro-crypto-c-2.0.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
> Keys: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/milagro/KEYS
>
> We now kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator
release as follows:

> [X] +1 approve

All tests passed on fedora31.

Make sure to get the key you use to sign the release signed by someone
in ASF next time ;-) (not blocker for the release).

> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (please provide reason)
>
> Checklist for reference:
>
> [ ] Download links are valid
> [ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid
> [ ] DISCLAIMER, LICENCE & NOTICE files are included
> [ ] Source code archives have correct names matching the current release.
> [ ] All source code files have licence headers
> [ ] No compiled binaries are included
> [ ] Libraries build correctly and all tests pass (as per the instructions in the readme
file)

> The vote will be open for a minimum of 72 hours.  3 x +1 votes are required to approve
this release.

> Many thanks,
>
> John
>
> John McCane-Whitney
> Director of Product at Qredo Ltd
> T: +44 7966 490687
> Kemp House
> 152 - 160 City Road
> London
> EC1V 2NX
> https://qredo.com
> Qredo Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 7834052).
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and are intended only for the named addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient you may not copy, disclose to anyone else or otherwise
use the content of this e-mail or any attachment thereto and should notify the sender immediately
and delete them from your system.

--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic