From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to subscribe (was: Incubator PMC members not subscribed to private list)
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 03:47:50 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 16, 2020, at 7:24 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I think that without an explicit resignation they must remain IPMC members.
>
> That's what I was saying. But in that case do they need to be on the roster?

Yes, the roster is the source of record of the PMC membership.

>> I’m for contacting and asking, but not for forcing.
>

> OK. They where contacted and asked a week ago and will contacted and ask again. Given
previous response I’m only expecting a few (5-10%) to respond.

> Shanes suggestion was "I suggest sending one last reminder to people not subscribed,
wait a week, and then remove those still not subscribed from the IPMC”, now I took that
to to be removal from the roster rather than the IPMC but he may mean IPMC removal. Greg and
Bertrand's messages seem to imply actually removal.

There may not be agreement about this. I think we will need clarity from the Board as a whole.
Please include some measure in time. Eg. after 1 year, 1 month, or ? Maybe a PMC will need
to VOTE. I don’t want to set a precedent that is a problem for any PMC. What works for the
Incubator should work for POI, OpenOffice, Hadoop, Lucene, etc.

Regards,
Dave

PS. Your recent pings of podlings has really helped. After years ECharts has all the initial
PPMC subscribed.