From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] NuttX Proposal
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2019 10:33:17 GMT
Hi,

> Thank you very much for your response. Can you please give me little bit
> more information about "mentor" role and how it affects the decisions made
> for the project it self.

Mentors are on the PMC and as such have binding votes on releases, but that is usually helpful
as they are IPMC members so their votes are binding. They guide the project towards becoming
a top level project and help it follow and understand the Apache Way and it’s values. They
would defer any technical decisions / direction of the project to the rest of the community
unless there is a conflict with those values.

Thanks,
Justin