From Oleg Fuks <of...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.2
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2019 09:46:27 GMT
Hello Justin Mclean,

Thanks for your feedback.

- DISCLAIMER: Do we need to replace the current disclaimer with work in progress disclaimer?
- LICENSE:
            1) We will add a license for Material Icons and Open Sans font to the list of
licenses.
            2) Mentioned files will be updated with license too.
            3) We will remove unnecessary dependency(directory-server) which we do not use.

Thanks,
Oleg

On 2019/11/26 23:28:06, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,’
>
> -1 (binding) due possible IP issues with this cat photo [1] and missing license information.
>
> These issues have been brought up before in past VOTES and there was a discussion on
that same image a while back on this list, believe it comes from here [5].

> I checked:
> - Incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes are fine
> - DISCLAIMER exists (but not the work in progress one)
> - LICENSE is missing some licenses (see below)
> - NOTICE is fine
>
> LICENSE is missing:
> - License for Material Icons
> - License for Open Sans font
> - This files [2][3][4]
>
> It also seem to me that you have list the licenses of dependancies rather than what is
actually bundled in the source release. If it not in the release there's no need to mention
it. Can yo confirm everything mentioned is included and not just a dependancy?